Are you having a party this Cinco de Mayo?! Well, try this delicious Mexican avocado bruschetta appetizer! It is sure to make people come back for seconds and thirds! Just remember to make plenty!
- 1 sliced baguette
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium mashed avocados
- 1-2 tablespoons of Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 pint of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, minced (+ more for garnish)
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice baguette on a diagonal to make large slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the baguette slices for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash together avocados with Old Paso taco seasoning.
- Feel free to use the mild or spicier version.
- Start with one tablespoon and add more if you like.
- For the tomato salad, roughly chop tomatoes and stir together with vinegar, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, and a pinch of salt.
- Once bread is toasted, top with a big dollop of avocado mixture and then scoop some tomato salad on top.
- Garnish each bruschetta with fresh basil.