If you want a delicious salad for the summer, then try this simple, yet satisfying apple pecan arugula salad! It’s easy to make and it’s perfect for a hot summer evening!
- 1/2 cup of raw pecans
- 7 ounces of arugula
- 2 small apples (peeled, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- Optional: 2 tbsp of dried cranberries
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Pinch each of sea salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and arrange pecans on a bare baking sheet.
- Back pecans for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While pecans are toasting-prep salad ingredients and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the dressing in a mixing bowl or mason jar by adding all ingredients and whisking to combine.
- Add pecans to salad and top with dressing.