- 4 c. fresh organic blueberries
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- For the topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- Preheat an oven to 375° degrees. Lightly butter or spray a 9×6-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the blueberries with sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in the butter until pea size or slightly larger form. Sprinkle over the blueberries.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the juices bubble and the top is golden brown. Remove form the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream on the side