Looking for a delicious easy meal this Thanksgiving dinner?! Well look no further! Try this recipe of Brussels sprouts with maple buttered pecans-you can’t go wrong!
- 1/2 cup of pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple or golden syrup
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 pounds of small Brussels sprouts-stem ends trimmed
- Canola or olive oil for cooking
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely squished
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of butter and syrup (it should coat the nuts and be partially absorbed).
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside for up to a day.
- In a saucepan with an inch of simmering water, cook the Brussels sprouts for about 5 to 6 minutes-drain and pat dry. (You can do this ahead and store in fridge).
- When you’re ready to finish them, heat a drizzle of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the spouts for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until starting to caramelize.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, then stir in the pecans, transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.