It’s almost Easter! Carrot cake is the perfect dessert for a Sunday Easter dinner! Share this delicious recipe with your family and friends!
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 fresh whole eggs
- 2 cups of pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 3 cups of raw finely ground carrots
- 4 ounces of finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 pounds of powdered sugar
- 12 ounces of room temperature cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ounces of room temperature margarine
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together salt, flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet mixture and blend well.
- Fold in carrots and chopped nuts until well blended.
- Distribute batter evenly into 3 (9-inch) cake layer pans, which have been greased.
- There will be approximately 1 pound 5 ounces of batter per pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Store layers in pans in closed cupboard.
- Layers must be a minimum of 1 day old.
- To remove layers from baking pan, turn upside down, tap edge of pan on a hard surface.
- Center a 9-inch cake circle on top of revolving cake stand.
- Remove paper from bottom of layer cake.
- In a large mixer, place powdered sugar, vanilla, cream cheese, and margarine.
- Beat at second speed until thoroughly blended.
- Hold refrigerated and use as needed.
- Place first layer, bottom side down, at center of cake stand.
- With a spatula, spread approximately 3 1/2 ounces of frosting on the layer.
- Center second layer on top of first layer with topside down.
- Again, spread approximately 3 1/2 ounces of frosting on the layer.
- Center the third layer on top of the second with topside down.
- Using both hands, press firmly, but gently, all layers together to get one firm cake.
- With spatula, spread remainder of frosting to cover top and sides of cake.
- Refrigerate until needed.