- 2 large red beets peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 medium naval orange peeled and cut in cubes
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thin
- 5 cups lettuce (romaine, arugula, spring mix)
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 4 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the beets. Cook for about 5-8 minutes or until the beets are tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad and the cooked beets.
- In a small bowl, pour the orange juice, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Enjoy!