Strawberries are in season, and so are margaritas! The sun is starting to come out, so get ready for this refreshing drink! Here is a delicious recipe to start for those sunny days!
- 1 pound of strawberries (hulled)
- 1 cup of silver tequila
- 2/3 cup of freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/3-1/2 cup of honey or agave
- 1/4 cup of Cointreau or Triple Sec or any orange liqueur
- For serving: ice, salt to rim the glasses, or extra fresh strawberries or lime slices for garnish
- Add strawberries, lime juice, orange liqueur, tequila, and honey to a blender.
- Pulse until completely smooth.
- Let the mixture rest for about 3 minutes, then skim off the foam on top.
- Taste and add extra tequila or sweetener if desired.
- (If you would like to serve these in a salt-rimmed glass, simply run a lime wedge around the top of each glass. Then dip the top of the glass upside-down in a bowl of coarse margarita salt.
- Garnish the glasses with fresh strawberries and/or lime slices if desired.
To serve on the rocks:
- Fill each glass about about half full with ice, then pour the margaritas over the ice and serve immediately.
To serve frozen:
- Add about 3-4 cups of ice to your blender with the strawberry margarita mixture, and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.