Are you going to the Gilroy Garlic Festival on July 27th, 28th, or 29th?! You have to try their Gilroy garlic ice cream! It’s absolutely amazing and will be a nice treat in the heat!
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 vanilla bean (split in half and the seeds scraped out and reserved)
- 1 cup of heavy milk
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 8 large egg yolks
- Put the milk, vanilla pod, garlic, and seeds in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and remove immediately.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream, sugar, and egg yolks until combined.
- Whisking constantly and slowly strain the hot milk mixture into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Return the mixture to the pan and stir continuously over low heat until it thickens (10 to 12 minutes).
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and chill over an ice bath.
- After the mixture chills, pour it into an ice cream machine and churn until done.
- Freeze the confection until you’re ready to serve.