Golden Gate Park is turning 148 years old!
We have our beautiful park thanks to park engineer William Hammond Hall and master gardener John McLaren. In celebration, here are the MUST SEE/DO things inside the park.
- Check out the Queen Wilhelmina Tulip Garden, right by the Dutch Windmill. It features thousands of tulips interspersed with Icelandic poppies, which burst into glorious flowers in spring.
- Visit the Millwright’s Cottage near the Murphy Windmill, and check out one of the world’s tallest windmills.
Lawn Bowling Green
- Try out Lawn Bowling
- Enjoy a picnic on the lawn nearby and watch Lawn Bowling
Japanese Tea Garden ($)
- Enjoy the Cherry Blossoms and green tea
- Meditate in the Zen Garden and a stroll around the Koi Pond
Koret Children’s Playground
- Great family time at the playground
- Ride the historic carousel
- Run a mile on the track
- Watch the SF Deltas, the City’s official soccer team, play a home game ($)
Stow Lake ($)
- Eat pink popcorn
- Try paddling a boat around the Lake
- Meet the bison and watch them eat (best time varies, but it’s generally between 10 am and noon)
- Special bird sighting including the White-crowned Sparrows and other birds near Bison Paddock and Chain of Lakes
For more information on the park and it’s birthday, click .