Replacing some of your favorite comfort food recipes with healthy alternatives will warm up your winter nights and keep everyone happy. This recipes uses Cauliflower and tastes just like the fettucine alfredo you already love!
- 1 lb. uncooked fettuccine noodles
- 3 small heads cauliflower or 2 large
- 6 cups organic low salt vegetable broth
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup starchy water from pasta pot
- Chop the cauliflower. Bring the vegetable broth to a boil over medium high heat and add cauliflower. Cook until cauliflower is soft, about 15 minutes. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the fettuccine according to directions on package, reserving some of the starchy water to add to the sauce later.
- Transfer cauliflower to a blender with about 2 cups of the broth. Add the sauteed garlic, salt, nutmeg, and black pepper and puree until very smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is moving, stream the olive oil into the blender. Add more broth or water if the mixture is too thick to move through the blender. When puree is very smooth, transfer back to the butter/garlic skillet.
- Add the cream and cook over low heat. Add the starchy pasta waterand keep warm until ready to serve. Combine noodles and sauce in a large pot or skillet and serve immediately.