National Mac N’ Cheese Day is on July 14th-it’s just right around the corner! There’s no better way to celebrate than make this delicious homemade mac n’ cheese! Your family will surely love this dish!
- 8 ounces of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 pink of paprika
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Stir in enough flour to make a roux.
- Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Put macaroni in a large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni.
- Stir well.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add bread crumbs and brown.
- Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.