Mandarin oranges are the official fruit of the New Year! In Chinese, the word for mandarin oranges, Ju, sounds like the word for lucky, Ji. They are gifted throughout the New Year celebration.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons of honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed dried rosemary
- 1 can (11 ounces) of drained mandarin oranges
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange peel
- Optional: Hot cooked rice
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- In a large resealable bag, combine pepper, flour, and salt.
- Add chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Combine the orange juice, mustard, rosemary, and marmalade.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in oranges and orange peel.
- Serve with rice in desired.