Put some pumpkin in your Manicotti! It’s delcious, sweet and good for you too!
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 24 ounce jar of your favorite sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti shells al dente and drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, pumpkin, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks and nutmeg. Spoon into manicotti.
- 3. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce into a greased baking dish. Add stuffed manicotti, spread evenly. Pour remaining pasta sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.