October 4th is National Taco Day! Celebrate by making these delicious tacos for you and your friends and family!
- 4 tilapia filets
- 2 tbsp of avocado or olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of shredded purple cabbage
- 1 recipe peach tomato salsa (look below for instructions)
- 12 corn tortillas
- Deiced avocado to serve (optional)
Peach Tomato Salsa Ingredients
- 2 cups of diced rip peaches
- 1 cup of diced tomato
- 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1 small diced jalapeno (seeds and ribs removed)
- 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
Peach Tomato Salsa Directions
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Adjust lime juice and jalapeno to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil.
- Season tilapia filets with a sprinkle of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Once the oil is warm, add two of the tilapia filets and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with the remaining fish.
- Heat up your tortillas.
- Add shredded cabbage to the taco.
- Top with fish (about 1 filet for 3 tacos) and spoon peach tomato salsa over the fish.
- (If you are using diced avocado or guacamole, add it over the salsa.)
- Serve immediately.