On these cold nights it’s always nice to have a steaming hot bowl of chili to warm you right up! Here’s a simple and hearty turkey chili with plenty of flavor. Serve with low fat cheese and sour cream! Yum!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound italian chicken sausage
- onion, chopped
- 1 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans canned black beans – drained.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown.
- Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot.
- Mix in tomatoes, black beans, season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.