Whale, That Didn’t Go As Planned.

My mom flew into town this weekend and I wanted to take her out on the ocean to do something cool. So I found 3 open slots on a whale watching tour on the day she was here and booked it. None of us had ever been whale watching but we were excited to see what we see. We knew we would see at least a couple of whales even though its not really whale watching season, we were just excited about being on the water. We arrived at 7:30 and it was going to be a beautiful clear day for the first time in at least a week. What we didn’t realize is that we were all going to get sick.

It’s a 2 hour boat ride to the islands where the whales are hanging out this time of year so we packed our lunch. It wasn’t really windy but the water was really moving as we headed out into the middle of the pacific ocean. Figuring it would calm down in a minute we all held on tight and waited for the bouncing and jerking to stop. Well, it didn’t stop for 2 hours. About an hour into the trip I realized my stomach was feeling a little queezy, which has never happened to me before so I didn’t take any motion sickness medicine. Kristen had some so I asked her for a couple pills hoping it would help settle my stomach. That’s when I noticed that everyone sitting around had the same look on their faces that I did. The bathroom was occupied off and on for the next hour as each person took their turn. Even Kristen got sick even though she had taken a double dose before we got on the boat. The waves were endless and the little boat was getting tossed around for the whole trip.

We finally arrived where the whales are migrating and the waves are still lifting and dropping the boat despite us not moving. Finally we saw a bug puff of air shoot from the water and there was a pair of Grey whales swimming. There were a good 300 yards away so all you could really see was the puffs of air every once in a while. The captain did his best to get closer and at one point we saw the tail fin come out of the water and then dissappear. After circling the island for another hour as each wave lifted and dropped us we saw a couple more whale backs and air puffs. The islands were beautiful and there were sea lions hanging out on the rocks and I really would have enjoyed it, were I not sick. At this point all I wanted to do was get off this boat. Thankfully the ride home was much smoother and we could enjoy the ocean breeze and beautiful day. My mom had a lot of fun and at the end of the day that’s what mattered.

I don’t blame the tour at all for what happened it was just a bad experience. They have no control over the waves and they don’t train the whales to come up to the boats so I don’t know what I would expect. Will I go again? Probably not. I think I’ll keep my whale watching to what they show me on the Discovery channel.

This picture of Kristen sums up the whole trip.


Mon 22

California’s Great America Taste of Orleans

July 13 - July 28
Santa Clara CA
United States
Tue 23

Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo & Melissa Etheridge

July 23 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saratoga CA
United States
Sat 27

George Lopez

July 27 @ 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Saratoga CA
United States
Tue 30

Michael McDonald And Chaka Khan

July 30 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saratoga CA
United States
Aug 01

Kool & The Gang

August 1 @ 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Saratoga CA
United States

Listen Live

Follow videolol.info



contact us thailand-option.com