When it comes to Christmas, the more classic the movie the more it’s adored. But what about NEW classics? Christmas movies seem to come out every year and yet we keep watching the same 10 movies we have always watched. So Forbes put out a list of the best Christmas movies that have come out since the year 2000. And boy is this list ROUGH. Has no one made a good Christmas movie in that long?!
Let me first clarify the qualifications. They had to be full length, theatrical movies and include a Christmas theme or setting. Are you ready for this? I don’t think you are.
Here is the top 10:
- ELF (2003) Ok, so far not so bad right? We can all agree this was a pretty good Christmas movie. People quote it all the time and it was new and original.
- Iron Man 3 (2013) WHAT?! We are only at number 2 and the list has already jumped the rails. But it’s set during Christmas and makes references to A Christmas Carol. Sure, I guess. But how did it make it to #2?! I didn’t even remember it was during Christmas until they told me.
- Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010) Ummmmm what? Apparently this is an R-rated Horror Christmas movie from Finland. It’s about people who discover the secret behind Santa.
- The Man Who Invented Christmas (2017) This is almost Christmas Inception. It’s about Charles Dickens during the time when he wrote “A Christmas Carol.”
- Joyeux Noel (2005) This is a French movie that does actually sound pretty interesting. Although it’s about war. It’s based on the Christmas Truce of 1914 during World War I and was nominated for the Best Language Oscar.
- Arthur Christmas (2011) No, not Russel Brand’s Arthur (thank god) it’s actually an animated kids movie.
- Krampus (2015) Another horror movie but at least this one is all about Christmas. It’s a different version of Christmas and Santa Clause that isn’t so jolly.
- The Grinch (2018) The one that just came out has already made the list. I haven’t seen it yet but I’m sure it’s easily better than a few more movies on this list already.
- A Christmas Carol (2009) Same story, different telling. This was has Jim Carrey in it? He plays a bunch of different CGI roles including Scrooge and his 3 ghosts. I mean, I love Jim but I think I’ll pass.
- The Polar Express (2004) How the heck is this at the bottom of this list?! You’re telling me that Iron Man 3, the worst of all the Iron Mans and barely a Christmas movie, is BETTER than this movie?! Get it together Forbes.
What movie didn’t make the list that should have?! And which of these angers you the most?